Labels

Friday, December 11, 2015

Kylie Russ - Final Video Reflection

Wow!  I can't believe that Girls on the Run has finally come to a close.  I am incredibly sad that it went by so fast, but also extremely grateful for this experience because I couldn't imagine a better service learning site. 

Here, I recap on the finale of GOTR and share a few favorite memories and challenges.        
               
  


This season has been absolutely wonderful, and I formed great relationships with so many new people.  I have grown to love every girl that participated as they opened up to me, and I can't wait to see what they do because their futures are very bright.  The coaches, Mrs. Davis and Mrs. Marshall, are wonderful people.  I can't thank them enough for welcoming us and making us feel valuable.  And the other Running Buddies from this class - Katie, Parker, Alli, and Chandler - made the experience all the worthwhile with their high spirits and constant support.

As you may be able to tell, Girls on the Run has been a huge part in making my first semester of college one to remember. I can't wait to volunteer with Seton's Girls on the Run next year and see those smiling faces again!

A few of the girls at the GOTR 5k! Delaney is in the purple jacket right below me.

No comments:

Post a Comment