I have had the privilege of serving with Girls on the Run for almost a month now. It has been everything I expected it to be and more. We are just a few short weeks away from our 5k, and I am so excited! Here is a short video of me describing my favorite parts of serving, along with some pictures.
I hope these pictures accurately represent how much FUN it is to serve at Girls on the Run!
So you guys will be running a 5K with the girls? Wow. Do you think the weekly laps and games will fully prepare these girls for a 5k? Do you find they work and help each other? I think this is a worth wild project in preparing these girls with a healthy outlet and building a foundation for a healthy future.
ReplyDeleteHi! Yes, we will be running a 5k with the girls! They don't run 3 miles every week, but we did have a practice 5k that showed their ability to run. The 5k is next Saturday! The sweetest part about it is watching them slow down to run with a friend and encourage each other. They work together very well! Thanks for asking about it!:)
Delete